The Symbol Mark of Taean-gun
Meaning of the Shapes
- The pine tree, which is the tree of Taean-gun, represents the rise of Taean.
- The shape crossing the rias coast represents continuous communication with the local residents.
- “T” stands for “Taean,” “Travel (Taean as a travel destination)” and “Treasure (diverse cultural heritage and splendid natural environment of Taean).”
- The three units of the symbol mark symbolize the islands of Taean, which is bordered by water on three sides, and each unit represents the future of Taean, Taean as a place of hope and happiness, and the passion of Taean to continually undergo development.
- The geometric shapes of the West Sea and multiple islands represent the splendid natural environment of Taean.
Meaning of the Colors
- The red color symbolizes the red sun and the vision to achieve incessant growth and development.
- The green color represents the pine forest of Taean and the local residents’ great hope for the future.
- The blue color represents the pristine water of the West Coast and the happiness and safety of the local residents.
- The harmonious blend of the diverse colors demonstrates Taean’s identity as a perfect travel destination that offers diverse cultural content and festivals.
Taerangi, the Mascot of
Taerangi is a character developed based on the blue crab, which is what Taean is famous for. The gentle curves represent the waves observed off the coast of Taean, while the faded texture makes the mascot seem warm and friendly.
Symbols of Taean
The camellia is an evergreen tree that overcomes strong winds and waves and does not lose its everlasting spirit.
The sea gull, which soars high into the sky,
symbolizes big and far-reaching ambitions.
The pine tree, which is green all year round, symbolize the deep local sentiments and unwavering strength of will.